PRESENTATION & ADVANTAGES OF THE INFRARED THERMOGRAPHY
Establish a thermal cartography of an object by using his infrared radiation: it is the principle of infrared thermography.
Advantages of the Method
- Identify anomaly before production would be affected.
- Anticipate possible propagation and evolution.
- Act and set up precautionary measures.
- Non-destructive and non-intrusive process.
- Real-time functioning.
- Decrease fire risks.
The Infrared Camera
MMC uses an infrared camera with these technical specifications:
- Sensor: non-cooled microbolometer 320x240 px
- Thermal sensitivity: 0.06°C to 30°C
- Spectral range: 7.5 to 13µm
- Temperature ranges: -40°C to -120°C 0°C to 500°C
Applications to Predictive Maintenance:
- Electrical: Electrical cupboards, connections testing, short-circuits...
- Furnaces, boilers: Control of refractory, of heat insulators...
- Mechanical: Control of bearings, of driving belts...
- Valves & fittings, tanks: Leakages detection, pipes erosion detection, level and sediments control...
- Building: Leakage of underground pipes...